Danesh, K, Durrett, R, Havrilesky, LJ, and Myers, E. "A branching process model of ovarian cancer." J Theor Biol 314 (December 7, 2012): 10-15.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Clinical and Epidemiological Research in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Myers, ER, Castle, PE, and Saslow, D. "How Should "Negative" Laboratory Developed Test Results for Human Papillomavirus Be Verified? Reply." AMERICAN JOURNAL OF CLINICAL PATHOLOGY 138, no. 4 (October 2012): 620-622.
Crowley, MJ, Powers, BJ, Myers, ER, McBroom, AJ, and Sanders, GD. "Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers for treatment of ischemic heart disease: Future research needs prioritization." Am Heart J 163, no. 5 (May 2012): 777-782.e8. (Review)
Havrilesky, LJ, Pokrzywinski, R, Revicki, D, Higgins, RV, Nycum, LR, Kohler, MF, Berchuck, A, Myers, ER, and Secord, AA. "Cost-effectiveness of combination versus sequential docetaxel and carboplatin for the treatment of platinum-sensitive, recurrent ovarian cancer." Cancer 118, no. 2 (January 15, 2012): 386-391.
Atashili, J, Miller, WC, Smith, JS, Ndumbe, PM, Ikomey, GM, Eron, J, Rinas, AC, Myers, E, and Adimora, AA. "Age trends in the prevalence of cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions among HIV-positive women in Cameroon: A cross-sectional study." BMC Research Notes 5 (2012).
Roth, LW, Huang, H, Legro, RS, Diamond, MP, Coutifaris, C, Carson, SA, Steinkampf, MP, Carr, BR, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Gosman, GG, Nestler, JE, Myers, ER, Zhang, H, and Schlaff, WD. "Altering hirsutism through ovulation induction in women with polycystic ovary syndrome." Obstetrics and Gynecology 119, no. 6 (2012): 1151-1156.
Saslow, D, Solomon, D, Lawson, HW, Killackey, M, Kulasingam, SL, Cain, J, Garcia, FAR, Moriarty, AT, Waxman, AG, Wilbur, DC, Wentzensen, N, Jr, LSD, Spitzer, M, Moscicki, A-B, Franco, EL, Stoler, MH, Schiffman, M, Castle, PE, and Myers, ER. "American Cancer Society, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, and American Society for Clinical Pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer." CA Cancer Journal for Clinicians 62, no. 3 (2012): 147-172.
Saslow, D, Solomon, D, Lawson, HW, Killackey, M, Kulasingam, SL, Cain, J, Garcia, FAR, Moriarty, AT, Waxman, AG, Wilbur, DC, Wentzensen, N, Jr, LSD, Spitzer, M, Moscicki, A-B, Franco, EL, Stoler, MH, Schiffman, M, Castle, PE, and Myers, ER. "American Cancer Society, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, and American Society for Clinical Pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer." American Journal of Clinical Pathology 137, no. 4 (2012): 516-542.
Saslow, D, Solomon, D, Lawson, HW, Killackey, M, Kulasingam, SL, Cain, JM, Garcia, FAR, Moriarty, AT, Waxman, AG, Wilbur, DC, Wentzensen, N, Downs, LS, Spitzer, M, Moscicki, A-B, Franco, EL, Stoler, MH, Schiffman, M, Castle, PE, and Myers, ER. "American cancer society, american society for colposcopy and cervical pathology, and american society for clinical pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer." Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disease 16, no. 3 (2012): 175-204.
Clark, LR, Myers, ER, Huh, W, Joura, EA, Paavonen, J, Perez, G, James, MK, Sings, HL, Haupt, RM, Saah, AJ, and al, E. "Clinical Trial Experience With Prophylactic Human Papillomavirus 6/11/16/18 Vaccine in Young Black Women." Journal of Adolescent Health (2012).