Geller, EJ, Siddiqui, NY, Wu, JM, and Visco, AG. "Short-term outcomes of robotic sacrocolpopexy compared with abdominal sacrocolpopexy." Obstetrics and Gynecology 112, no. 6 (December 2008): 1201-1206.
Nazema Yusuf Siddiqui, MD
Research on pelvic floor disorders. Specific interests include: 1) pathophysiology of overactive bladder with particular emphasis on epigenetic mechanisms; and 2) studying the urinary microbiome with aging and in women with recurrent urinary tract infection. Additional interests include clinical outcomes research after surgery for prolapse and other pelvic floor disorders.
Education and Training
- Fellow, Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Duke University School of Medicine, 2007 - 2010
- Residency, Ob/Gyn, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic, 2002 - 2006
- M.H.S.C.R., Duke University School of Medicine, 2010
- M.D., University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 2001
Research on pelvic floor disorders. Specific interests include the study of overactive bladder/urinary incontinence. Additional interests include studying the pathophysiology of bladder pain syndromes, and clinical outcomes research after surgery for prolapse and other pelvic floor disorders.
Selected Grants and Awards
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Fundamentals of Robotic Surgery: Curriculum and Technical Validation Skills
- Sexual Function in Patients and Partners after Surgery for Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Tilburt, JC, Mangrulkar, RS, Goold, SD, Siddiqui, NY, and Carrese, JA. "Do we practice what we preach? A qualitative assessment of resident-preceptor interactions for adherence to evidence-based practice." Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 14, no. 5 (October 2008): 780-784.
Tilburt, JC, Goold, SD, Siddiqui, N, and Mangrulkar, RS. "How do doctors use information in real-time? A qualitative study of internal medicine resident precepting." Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 13, no. 5 (October 2007): 772-780.
Siddiqui, NY, and Paraiso, MFR. "Vesicovaginal fistula due to an unreported foreign body in an adolescent." Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology 20, no. 4 (August 2007): 253-255.
Stepp, KJ, Siddiqui, NY, Emery, SP, and Barber, MD. "Textbook recommendations for preventing and treating perineal injury at vaginal delivery." Obstetrics and Gynecology 107, no. 2 Pt 1 (February 2006): 361-366.
Bachman, NJ, Riggs, PK, Siddiqui, N, Makris, GJ, Womack, JE, and Lomax, MI. "Structure of the human gene (COX6A2) for the heart/muscle isoform of cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIa and its chromosomal location in humans, mice, and cattle." Genomics 42, no. 1 (May 1997): 146-151.