Gomih, A, Smith, JS, North, KE, Hudgens, MG, Brewster, WR, Huang, Z, Skaar, D, Valea, F, Bentley, RC, Vidal, AC, Maguire, RL, Jirtle, RL, Murphy, SK, and Hoyo, C. "DNA methylation of imprinted gene control regions in the regression of low-grade cervical lesions." International Journal of Cancer 143, no. 3 (August 2018): 552-560.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers of Progressive Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Gao, L, Liu, X, Millstein, J, Siegmund, KD, Dubeau, L, Maguire, RL, Jim Zhang, J, Fuemmeler, BF, Kollins, SH, Hoyo, C, Murphy, SK, and Breton, CV. "Self-reported prenatal tobacco smoke exposure, AXL gene-body methylation, and childhood asthma phenotypes." Clinical Epigenetics 10, no. 1 (July 20, 2018): 98-null.
Green, AJ, Hoyo, C, Mattingly, CJ, Luo, Y, Tzeng, J-Y, Murphy, SK, Buchwalter, DB, and Planchart, A. "Cadmium exposure increases the risk of juvenile obesity: a human and zebrafish comparative study." International Journal of Obesity (2005) 42, no. 7 (July 2018): 1285-1295.
Tindula, G, Murphy, SK, Grenier, C, Huang, Z, Huen, K, Escudero-Fung, M, Bradman, A, Eskenazi, B, Hoyo, C, and Holland, N. "DNA methylation of imprinted genes in Mexican-American newborn children with prenatal phthalate exposure." July 2018.
Bradley, MS, Burke, EE, Grenier, C, Amundsen, CL, Murphy, SK, and Siddiqui, NY. "A genome-scale DNA methylation study in women with interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome." Neurourology and Urodynamics 37, no. 4 (April 2018): 1485-1493.
Schrott, R, and Murphy, SK. "Folic acid throughout pregnancy: too much?." The American journal of clinical nutrition 107, no. 4 (April 2018): 497-498.
Benjamin Neelon, SE, White, AJ, Vidal, AC, Schildkraut, JM, Murtha, AP, Murphy, SK, Kullman, SW, and Hoyo, C. "Maternal vitamin D, DNA methylation at imprint regulatory regions and offspring weight at birth, 1 year and 3 years." International Journal of Obesity (2005) 42, no. 4 (April 2018): 587-593.
Dozmorov, MG, Bilbo, SD, Kollins, SH, Zucker, N, Do, EK, Schechter, JC, Zhang, JJ, Murphy, SK, Hoyo, C, and Fuemmeler, BF. "Associations between maternal cytokine levels during gestation and measures of child cognitive abilities and executive functioning." Brain, behavior, and immunity (March 24, 2018).
Felix, JF, Joubert, BR, Baccarelli, AA, Sharp, GC, Almqvist, C, Annesi-Maesano, I, Arshad, H, Baïz, N, Bakermans-Kranenburg, MJ, Bakulski, KM, Binder, EB, Bouchard, L, Breton, CV, Brunekreef, B, Brunst, KJ, Burchard, EG, Bustamante, M, Chatzi, L, Cheng Munthe-Kaas, M, Corpeleijn, E, Czamara, D, Dabelea, D, Davey Smith, G, De Boever, P, Duijts, L, Dwyer, T, Eng, C, Eskenazi, B, Everson, TM, Falahi, F, Fallin, MD, Farchi, S, Fernandez, MF, Gao, L, Gaunt, TR, Ghantous, A, Gillman, MW, Gonseth, S, Grote, V, Gruzieva, O, Håberg, SE, Herceg, Z, Hivert, M-F, Holland, N, Holloway, JW, Hoyo, C, Hu, D, Huang, R-C, Huen, K, Järvelin, M-R, Jima, DD, Just, AC, Karagas, MR, Karlsson, R, Karmaus, W, Kechris, KJ, Kere, J, Kogevinas, M, Koletzko, B, Koppelman, GH, Küpers, LK, Ladd-Acosta, C, Lahti, J, Lambrechts, N, Langie, SAS, Lie, RT, Liu, AH, Magnus, MC, Magnus, P, Maguire, RL, Marsit, CJ, McArdle, W, Melén, E, Melton, P, Murphy, SK, Nawrot, TS, Nisticò, L, Nohr, EA, Nordlund, B, Nystad, W, Oh, SS, Oken, E, Page, CM, Perron, P, Pershagen, G, Pizzi, C, Plusquin, M, Raikkonen, K, Reese, SE, Reischl, E, Richiardi, L, Ring, S, Roy, RP, Rzehak, P, Schoeters, G, Schwartz, DA, Sebert, S, Snieder, H, Sørensen, TIA, Starling, AP, Sunyer, J, Taylor, JA, Tiemeier, H, Ullemar, V, Vafeiadi, M, Van Ijzendoorn, MH, Vonk, JM, Vriens, A, Vrijheid, M, Wang, P, Wiemels, JL, Wilcox, AJ, Wright, RJ, Xu, C-J, Xu, Z, Yang, IV, Yousefi, P, Zhang, H, Zhang, W, Zhao, S, Agha, G, Relton, CL, Jaddoe, VWV, and London, SJ. "Cohort Profile: Pregnancy And Childhood Epigenetics (PACE) Consortium." International Journal of Epidemiology 47, no. 1 (February 2018): 22-23u.
Schechter, JC, Fuemmeler, BF, Hoyo, C, Murphy, SK, Zhang, JJ, and Kollins, SH. "Impact of Smoking Ban on Passive Smoke Exposure in Pregnant Non-Smokers in the Southeastern United States." International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 15, no. 1 (January 6, 2018).