Nagura, Michikazu, Noriomi Matsumura, Tsukasa Baba, Ryusuke Murakami, Budiman Kharma, Junzo Hamanishi, Ken Yamaguchi, et al. “Invasion of uterine cervical squamous cell carcinoma cells is facilitated by locoregional interaction with cancer-associated fibroblasts via activating transforming growth factor-beta..” Gynecol Oncol 136, no. 1 (January 2015): 104–11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2014.11.075.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Population Health Research Support IDIQ Base
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Duke KURe Program
- Follow-up and Maintenance of the Newborn Epigenetics STudy (NEST) Cohort
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Population Health Research Support - Study of Pregnancy and Neonatal Health (SPAN) Task A
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Organization and Function of Cellular Structure
- Pharmacological Sciences Training Program
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Clarifying the role of tobacco retail outlets on maternal smoking during pregnancy and child secondhand smoke exposure
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers of Progressive Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Cancer Biology Training Grant
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Ding, Jingzhong, Lindsay M. Reynolds, Tanja Zeller, Christian Muller, Kurt Lohman, Zhiqing Huang, Alberto de la Fuente, et al. “Alterations of a Cellular Cholesterol Metabolism Network is a Molecular Feature of Obesity-Related Type 2 Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease.” In Circulation, Vol. 130. LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS, 2014.
Kharma, Budiman, Tsukasa Baba, Noriomi Matsumura, Hyun Sook Kang, Junzo Hamanishi, Ryusuke Murakami, Melissa M. McConechy, et al. “STAT1 drives tumor progression in serous papillary endometrial cancer..” Cancer Res 74, no. 22 (November 15, 2014): 6519–30. https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-14-0847.
Nye, Monica D., Cathrine Hoyo, Frances Wang, Amy P. Murtha, Joellen M. Schildkraut, Joanne Kurtzberg, Randy L. Jirtle, Zhiqing Huang, and Susan K. Murphy. “Abstract B22: Altered methylation profiles of imprinted genes in response to prenatal exposure to cigarette smoke in the Newborn Epigenetic STudy (NEST) cohort.” Epidemiology, Lifestyle, and Genetics, November 2014. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7755.disp13-b22.
Stevens, Ellen V., Regina Whitaker, Audrey Guinet, Ching-Yi Chang, Carole Grenier, Jeffrey Marks, Donald P. McDonnell, Susan K. Murphy, Andrew Berchuck, and Stephanie Gaillard. “Abstract 4570: Role of ERRalpha in ovarian cancer.” In Experimental and Molecular Therapeutics. American Association for Cancer Research, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.am2014-4570.
Kharma, Budiman, Tsukasa Baba, Noriomi Matsumura, Hyun Sook Kang, Ryusuke Murakami, Ken Yamaguchi, Junzo Hamanishi, Masaki Mandai, Susan K. Murphy, and Ikuo Konishi. “Abstract LB-123: Novel function of STAT1 pathway as a modulator of tumor progression in serous papillary endometrial cancer.” In Molecular and Cellular Biology. American Association for Cancer Research, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.am2014-lb-123.
Yamaguchi, Ken, Zhiqing Huang, Noriomi Matsumura, Masaki Mandai, Takako Okamoto, Tsukasa Baba, Ikuo Konishi, Andrew Berchuck, and Susan K. Murphy. “Epigenetic determinants of ovarian clear cell carcinoma biology..” Int J Cancer 135, no. 3 (August 1, 2014): 585–97. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.28701.
Hoyo, Cathrine, Anne Kjersti Daltveit, Edwin Iversen, Sara E. Benjamin-Neelon, Bernard Fuemmeler, Joellen Schildkraut, Amy P. Murtha, et al. “Erythrocyte folate concentrations, CpG methylation at genomically imprinted domains, and birth weight in a multiethnic newborn cohort..” Epigenetics 9, no. 8 (August 2014): 1120–30. https://doi.org/10.4161/epi.29332.
Vidal, Adriana C., Jennifer S. Smith, Fidel Valea, Rex Bentley, Maggie Gradison, Kimberly S. H. Yarnall, Anne Ford, et al. “HPV genotypes and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in a multiethnic cohort in the southeastern USA..” Cancer Causes Control 25, no. 8 (August 2014): 1055–62. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10552-014-0406-2.