Vidal, AC, Henry, NM, Murphy, SK, Oneko, O, Nye, M, Bartlett, JA, Overcash, F, Huang, Z, Wang, F, Mlay, P, Obure, J, Smith, J, Vasquez, B, Swai, B, Hernandez, B, and Hoyo, C. "PEG1/MEST and IGF2 DNA methylation in CIN and in cervical cancer." Clinical and Translational Oncology 16, no. 3 (2014): 266-272.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Population Health Research Support IDIQ Base
- Duke KURe Program
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers of Progressive Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Susan K. Murphy, CH. "What are the Implications of Distinct HPV Genotypes in Women of Different Ethnic/Racial Ancestry?." Journal of Vaccines & Vaccination 05, no. 03 (2014).
Murphy, SK, Yang, H, Moylan, CA, Pang, H, Dellinger, A, Abdelmalek, MF, Garrett, ME, Ashley-Koch, A, Suzuki, A, Tillmann, HL, Hauser, MA, and Diehl, AM. "Relationship between methylome and transcriptome in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease." Gastroenterology 145, no. 5 (November 2013): 1076-1087.
Hamanishi, J, Matsumura, N, Jin, P, Abiko, K, Horikawa, N, Yamaguchi, K, Baba, T, Murphy, SK, Konishi, I, and Mandai, M. "Abstract A83: Induction of PD-L1 expression by cytotoxic agents through activation of NF-kB signal." Clinical Cancer Research 19, no. 19 Supplement (October 1, 2013): A83-A83.
Matsumura, N, Yamanoi, K, Amano, Y, Hamanishi, J, Baba, T, Murphy, SK, and Konishi, I. "Abstract B19: Functional genomics approach links anchorage-independence with tumor dormancy in ovarian cancer." Clinical Cancer Research 19, no. 19 Supplement (October 1, 2013): B19-B19.
Amano, Y, Yamaguchi, K, Mandai, M, Matsumura, N, Hamanishi, J, Baba, T, Yamanoi, K, Murphy, SK, and Konishi, I. "Abstract PR08: HNF1β confers resistance to oxidative stress of ovarian clear cell carcinoma." Clinical Cancer Research 19, no. 19 Supplement (October 1, 2013): PR08-PR08.
Vidal, AC, Murphy, SK, Murtha, AP, Schildkraut, JM, Soubry, A, Huang, Z, Neelon, SEB, Fuemmeler, B, Iversen, E, Wang, F, Kurtzberg, J, Jirtle, RL, and Hoyo, C. "Associations between antibiotic exposure during pregnancy, birth weight and aberrant methylation at imprinted genes among offspring." International Journal of Obesity (2005) 37, no. 7 (July 2013): 907-913.
Murphy, SK. "Prenatal sensitization of a postnatal trigger for metabolic disease." The Journal of Clinical Investigation 123, no. 7 (July 2013): 2786-2788.
Liu, Y, Hoyo, C, Murphy, S, Huang, Z, Overcash, F, Thompson, J, Brown, H, and Murtha, AP. "DNA methylation at imprint regulatory regions in preterm birth and infection." Am J Obstet Gynecol 208, no. 5 (May 2013): 395.e1-395.e7.
Wang, X, Pittman, GS, Su, D, Adamski, KN, Campbell, MR, Joubert, BR, Huang, ZY, Hoyo, C, Murphy, SK, London, SA, and Bell, DA. "Abstract 3647: Dose-dependent alteration of CpG methylation in AHRR and GFI1 in mononuclear cell DNA of smokers." April 15, 2013.