Liu, Y, Hoyo, C, Murphy, S, Huang, Z, Overcash, F, Thompson, J, Brown, H, and Murtha, AP. "DNA methylation at imprint regulatory regions in preterm birth and infection." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 208, no. 5 (2013): 395.e1-395.e7.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Huang, Z, and Murphy, SK. "Increased Intragenic IGF2 Methylation is Associated with Repression of Insulator Activity and Elevated Expression in Serous Ovarian Carcinoma. (Published online)" Front Oncol 3 (2013): 131-.
Murphy, SK, Bassil, CF, and Huang, Z. "Main principles and outcomes of DNA methylation analysis." Methods Mol Biol 1049 (2013): 67-74.
Vidal, AC, Murtha, AP, Murphy, SK, Fortner, K, Overcash, F, Henry, N, Schildkraut, JM, Forman, MR, Demark-Wahnefried, W, Kurtzberg, J, Jirtle, R, and Hoyo, C. "Maternal BMI, IGF-I Levels, and Birth Weight in African American and White Infants." Int J Pediatr 2013 (2013): 191472-.
Huang, Z, Bassil, CF, and Murphy, SK. "Methylation-specific PCR." Methods Mol Biol 1049 (2013): 75-82.
Murphy, SK. "Prenatal sensitization of a postnatal trigger for metabolic disease." Journal of Clinical Investigation 123, no. 7 (2013): 2786-2788.
Alvarez Secord, A, Bernardini, MQ, Broadwater, G, Grace, LA, Huang, Z, Baba, T, Kondoh, E, Sfakianos, G, Havrilesky, LJ, and Murphy, SK. "TP53 Status is Associated with Thrombospondin1 Expression In vitro. (Published online)" Front Oncol 3 (2013): 269-.
Kharma, B, Baba, T, Mandai, M, Matsumura, N, Murphy, SK, Kang, HS, Yamanoi, K, Hamanishi, J, Yamaguchi, K, Yoshioka, Y, and al, E. "Utilization of genomic signatures to identify high-efficacy candidate drugs for chemorefractory endometrial cancers." International Journal of Cancer (2013).
Kharma, B, Baba, T, Mandai, M, Matsumura, N, Murphy, SK, Kang, HS, Yamanoi, K, Hamanishi, J, Yamaguchi, K, Yoshioka, Y, and Konishi, I. "Utilization of genomic signatures to identify high-efficacy candidate drugs for chemorefractory endometrial cancers." International Journal of Cancer 133, no. 9 (2013): 2234-2244.
Sfakianos, GP, Iversen, ES, Whitaker, R, Akushevich, L, Schildkraut, JM, Murphy, SK, Marks, JR, and Berchuck, A. "Validation of ovarian cancer gene expression signatures for survival and subtype in formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissues." Gynecologic Oncology 129, no. 1 (2013): 159-164.