Korch, C, Spillman, MA, Jackson, TA, Jacobsen, BM, Murphy, SK, Lessey, BA, Jordan, VC, and Bradford, AP. "DNA profiling analysis of endometrial and ovarian cell lines reveals misidentification, redundancy and contamination." Gynecol Oncol 127, no. 1 (October 2012): 241-248.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Garrett, ME, Moylan, CA, Gibson, J, Yang, H, Pang, H, Dellinger, A, Suzuki, A, Tillmann, HL, Guy, CD, Abdelmalek, MF, Murphy, SK, Diehl, AM, Hauser, M, and Ashley-Koch, AE. "Expression QTL analysis of a gene expression signature which predicts advanced non-alcoholic fatty liver disease." October 2012.
Das, R, Anderson, N, Koran, MI, Weidman, JR, Mikkelsen, TS, Kamal, M, Murphy, SK, Linblad-Toh, K, Greally, JM, and Jirtle, RL. "Convergent and divergent evolution of genomic imprinting in the marsupial Monodelphis domestica. (Published online)" BMC Genomics 13 (August 16, 2012): 394-.
Liu, Y, Murphy, SK, Murtha, AP, Fuemmeler, BF, Schildkraut, J, Huang, Z, Overcash, F, Kurtzberg, J, Jirtle, R, Iversen, ES, Forman, MR, and Hoyo, C. "Depression in pregnancy, infant birth weight and DNA methylation of imprint regulatory elements." Epigenetics 7, no. 7 (July 2012): 735-746.
Perkins, E, Murphy, SK, Murtha, AP, Schildkraut, J, Jirtle, RL, Demark-Wahnefried, W, Forman, MR, Kurtzberg, J, Overcash, F, Huang, Z, and Hoyo, C. "Insulin-like growth factor 2/H19 methylation at birth and risk of overweight and obesity in children." J Pediatr 161, no. 1 (July 2012): 31-39.
Moylan, CA, Yang, H, Pang, H, Dellinger, A, Suzuki, A, Tillmann, HL, Guy, CD, Ashley-Koch, AE, Garrett, ME, Abdelmalek, MF, Hauser, MA, Murphy, SK, and Diehl, AM. "Epigenetic Regulation of Gene Expression in NAFLD." May 2012.
Huang, Z, Lowery, WJ, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Abstract 5363: Aggregation rather than monoclonal expansion explains ovarian cancer spheroid formation." Cancer Research 72, no. 8 Supplement (April 15, 2012): 5363-5363.
Okamoto, T, Yamaguchi, K, Huang, Z, Whitaker, R, Konishi, I, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Abstract LB-87: Methylated-mediated repression of ZNF154 in ovarian cancer is associated with poor overall survival." Cancer Research 72, no. 8 Supplement (April 15, 2012): LB-87-LB-87.
Hoyo, C, Fortner, K, Murtha, AP, Schildkraut, JM, Soubry, A, Demark-Wahnefried, W, Jirtle, RL, Kurtzberg, J, Forman, MR, Overcash, F, Huang, Z, and Murphy, SK. "Association of cord blood methylation fractions at imprinted insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2), plasma IGF2, and birth weight." Cancer Causes Control 23, no. 4 (April 2012): 635-645.
Murphy, SK, Adigun, A, Huang, Z, Overcash, F, Wang, F, Jirtle, RL, Schildkraut, JM, Murtha, AP, Iversen, ES, and Hoyo, C. "Gender-specific methylation differences in relation to prenatal exposure to cigarette smoke." Gene 494, no. 1 (February 15, 2012): 36-43.