Barnett, JC, Bean, SM, Nakayama, JM, Kondoh, E, Murphy, SK, and Berchuck, A. "High poly(adenosine diphosphate-ribose) polymerase expression and poor survival in advanced-stage serous ovarian cancer." Obstet Gynecol 115, no. 1 (January 2010): 49-54.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Organization and Function of Cellular Structure
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Cancer Biology Training Grant
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Hoyo, C, Schildkraut, JM, Murphy, SK, Chow, W-H, Vaughan, TL, Risch, H, Marks, JR, Jirtle, RL, Calingaert, B, Mayne, S, Fraumeni, J, and Gammon, MD. "IGF2R polymorphisms and risk of esophageal and gastric adenocarcinomas." Int J Cancer 125, no. 11 (December 1, 2009): 2673-2678.
Gregory, SG, Connelly, JJ, Towers, AJ, Johnson, J, Biscocho, D, Markunas, CA, Lintas, C, Abramson, RK, Wright, HH, Ellis, P, Langford, CF, Worley, G, Delong, GR, Murphy, SK, Cuccaro, ML, Persico, A, and Pericak-Vance, MA. "Genomic and epigenetic evidence for oxytocin receptor deficiency in autism. (Published online)" BMC Med 7 (October 22, 2009): 62-.
Hoyo, C, Murphy, SK, and Jirtle, RL. "Imprint regulatory elements as epigenetic biosensors of exposure in epidemiological studies." J Epidemiol Community Health 63, no. 9 (September 2009): 683-684.
Mori, S, Chang, JT, Andrechek, ER, Matsumura, N, Baba, T, Yao, G, Kim, JW, Gatza, M, Murphy, S, and Nevins, JR. "Anchorage-independent cell growth signature identifies tumors with metastatic potential." Oncogene 28, no. 31 (August 6, 2009): 2796-2805.
Ding, X, Mohd, AB, Huang, Z, Baba, T, Bernardini, MQ, Lyerly, HK, Berchuck, A, Murphy, SK, Buermeyer, AB, and Devi, GR. "MLH1 expression sensitises ovarian cancer cells to cell death mediated by XIAP inhibition." Br J Cancer 101, no. 2 (July 21, 2009): 269-277.
Huang, Z, Wen, Y, Simel, L, Price, T, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "CTCF binding at a novel intragenic binding site is associated with elevated IGF2 expression in serous epithelial ovarian cancer." CANCER RESEARCH 69 (May 1, 2009).
Berchuck, A, Iversen, ES, Luo, J, Clarke, JP, Horne, H, Levine, DA, Boyd, J, Alonso, MA, Secord, AA, Bernardini, MQ, Barnett, JC, Boren, T, Murphy, SK, Dressman, HK, Marks, JR, and Lancaster, JM. "Microarray analysis of early stage serous ovarian cancers shows profiles predictive of favorable outcome." Clin Cancer Res 15, no. 7 (April 1, 2009): 2448-2455.
Kondoh, E, Okamoto, T, Higuchi, T, Tatsumi, K, Baba, T, Murphy, SK, Takakura, K, Konishi, I, and Fujii, S. "Stress affects uterine receptivity through an ovarian-independent pathway." Hum Reprod 24, no. 4 (April 2009): 945-953.
Murphy, SK, Jayes, FL, Feng, L, Huang, Z, and Leppert, PC. "Altered IGF2/H19 Imprint Center Methylation in Uterine Fibroids but Not in Adjacent Myometrium." March 2009.