Murphy, SK, and Chen, L. "Imprinted Neuronatin: A potential epigenetie biomarker of ovarian cancer." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 112, no. 2 (February 2009): S135-S135.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Organization and Function of Cellular Structure
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Cancer Biology Training Grant
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Horne, HN, Lee, PS, Murphy, SK, Alonso, MA, Olson, JA, and Marks, JR. "Inactivation of the MAL gene in breast cancer is a common event that predicts benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy." Mol Cancer Res 7, no. 2 (February 2009): 199-209.
Murphy, SK, Huang, Z, Wen, Y, Simel, LR, Price, TM, and Berchuck, A. "Intragenic methylation at a novel CTCF binding site is associated with elevated IGF2 expression in serous epithelial ovarian cancer." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 112, no. 2 (February 2009): S138-S138.
Baba, T, Kang, HS, Matsumura, N, Hamanishi, J, Mandai, M, Berchuck, A, Murphy, SK, and Konishi, I. "Loss of GPR54 correlates with stem cell activity in high-grade endometrial cancer." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 112, no. 2 (February 2009): S78-S78.
Resnick, KE, Alder, H, Secord, AA, Whitaker, R, Richardson, DL, Heaphy, C, Murphy, SK, Baba, T, Croce, C, and Colin, DE. "MiRNA patterns in ovarian cancer cell lines: Correlation with serum studies." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 112, no. 2 (February 2009): S115-S116.
Barnett, JC, Whitaker, R, Kondoh, E, Baba, T, Murphy, SK, and Berchuck, A. "Ovarian cancer tumor-infiltrating regulatory T cells are associated with a metastatic phenotype." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 112, no. 2 (February 2009): S11-S11.
Barnett, JC, Iverson, E, Dressman, H, Whitaker, R, Murphy, SK, Lancaster, J, and Berchuck, A. "Validation of the MAL gene as a predictor of survival in advanced-stage high-grade serous ovarian cancer." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 112, no. 2 (February 2009): S123-S124.
Matsumura, N, Huang, Z, Baba, T, Lee, PS, Barnett, JC, Mori, S, Chang, JT, Kuo, W-L, Gusberg, AH, Whitaker, RS, Gray, JW, Fujii, S, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Yin yang 1 modulates taxane response in epithelial ovarian cancer." Mol Cancer Res 7, no. 2 (February 2009): 210-220.
Baba, T, Convery, PA, Matsumura, N, Whitaker, RS, Kondoh, E, Perry, T, Huang, Z, Bentley, RC, Mori, S, Fujii, S, Marks, JR, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Epigenetic regulation of CD133 and tumorigenicity of CD133+ ovarian cancer cells." Oncogene 28, no. 2 (January 15, 2009): 209-218.
Lee, PS, Teaberry, V, Bland, AE, Huang, Z, Secord, AA, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "MAL, a gene associated with survival in epithelial ovarian cancer, is epigenetically regulated." March 2008.