Resnick, KE, Alder, H, Secord, AA, Whitaker, R, Richardson, DL, Heaphy, C, Murphy, SK, Baba, T, Croce, C, and Colin, DE. "MiRNA patterns in ovarian cancer cell lines: Correlation with serum studies." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 112, no. 2 (February 2009): S115-S116.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers of Progressive Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Barnett, JC, Whitaker, R, Kondoh, E, Baba, T, Murphy, SK, and Berchuck, A. "Ovarian cancer tumor-infiltrating regulatory T cells are associated with a metastatic phenotype." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 112, no. 2 (February 2009): S11-S11.
Barnett, JC, Iverson, E, Dressman, H, Whitaker, R, Murphy, SK, Lancaster, J, and Berchuck, A. "Validation of the MAL gene as a predictor of survival in advanced-stage high-grade serous ovarian cancer." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 112, no. 2 (February 2009): S123-S124.
Baba, T, Convery, PA, Matsumura, N, Whitaker, RS, Kondoh, E, Perry, T, Huang, Z, Bentley, RC, Mori, S, Fujii, S, Marks, JR, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Epigenetic regulation of CD133 and tumorigenicity of CD133+ ovarian cancer cells." Oncogene 28, no. 2 (January 15, 2009): 209-218.
Lee, PS, Teaberry, V, Bland, AE, Huang, Z, Secord, AA, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "MAL, a gene associated with survival in epithelial ovarian cancer, is epigenetically regulated." March 2008.
Matsumura, N, Huang, Z, Perry, T, Kroyer, D, Baba, T, Mori, S, Fujii, S, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Methylation in ovarian cancer is related to poor prognosis and suppression of the transforming growth factor signaling pathway." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 108, no. 3 (March 2008): S104-S104.
Bernardini, MQ, Lee, P, Baba, T, Whitaker, RS, Murphy, SK, and Berchuck, A. "Microarray analysis defines patterns of gene expression associated with mutation of TP53 in ovarian cancer." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 108, no. 3 (March 2008): S84-S84.
Baba, T, Mori, S, Matsumura, N, Bernardini, M, Fujii, S, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Microarray analysis identifies NSC668814 as a potentially active chemotherapeutic agent for platinum-resistant ovarian cancers with TP53 mutations." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 108, no. 3 (March 2008): S72-S72.
Baba, T, Convery, PA, Matsumura, N, Whitaker, RS, Perry, T, Huang, Z, Mori, S, Kondoh, E, Bentley, RC, Fujii, S, Marks, JR, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Stem cell marker CD133 (PROMININ-1) is epigenetically regulated in ovarian cancer." March 2008.
Kondoh, E, Baba, T, Matsurnura, N, Fujii, S, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Targeting dormant ovarian cancer cells." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 108, no. 3 (March 2008): S13-S14.