Dietz, LG, Wylie, AA, Rauen, KA, Murphy, SK, Jirtle, RL, and Cotter, PD. "Exclusion of maternal uniparental disomy of chromosome 14 in patients referred for Prader-Willi syndrome using a multiplex methylation polymerase chain reaction assay." J Med Genet 40, no. 4 (April 2003): e46-. (Letter)
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers of Progressive Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Dietz, L, Wylie, AA, Rauen, KA, Murphy, SK, Jirtle, RL, and Cotter, PD. "Exclusion of maternal uniparental disomy of chromosome 14 in Prader-Willi syndrome referrals using a rapid methylation PCR assay." October 2002.
Freking, BA, Murphy, SK, Wylie, AA, Rhodes, SJ, Keele, JW, Leymaster, KA, Jirtle, RL, and Smith, TPL. "Identification of the single base change causing the callipyge muscle hypertrophy phenotype, the only known example of polar overdominance in mammals." Genome Research 12, no. 10 (October 2002): 1496-1506.
Li, T, Vu, TH, Lee, K-O, Yang, Y, Nguyen, CV, Bui, HQ, Zeng, Z-L, Nguyen, BT, Hu, J-F, Murphy, SK, Jirtle, RL, and Hoffman, AR. "An imprinted PEG1/MEST antisense expressed predominantly in human testis and in mature spermatozoa." Journal of Biological Chemistry 277, no. 16 (2002): 13518-13527.
Murphy, SK, Wylie, AA, McVie-Wylie, AJ, Pulford, D, Nolan, CM, Orton, TC, and Jirtle, RL. "Development and characterization of a conditional M6p/Igf2r knockout mouse." AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HUMAN GENETICS 69, no. 4 (October 2001): 363-363.
Evans, HK, Wylie, AA, Murphy, SK, and Jirtle, RL. "NNATresides in a micro-imprinted domain on human chromosome 20q11.2." AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HUMAN GENETICS 69, no. 4 (October 2001): 346-346.
Evans, HK, Wylie, AA, Murphy, SK, and Jirtle, RL. "The neuronatin gene resides in a "micro-imprinted" domain on human chromosome 20q11.2." Genomics 77, no. 1-2 (September 2001): 99-104.
Keller, MA, Murphy, SK, and Parks, GD. "RNA replication from the simian virus 5 antigenomic promoter requires three sequence-dependent elements separated by sequence-independent spacer regions." Journal of Virology 75, no. 8 (April 2001): 3993-3998.
Murphy, SK, Wylie, AA, and Jirtle, RL. "Imprinting of PEG3, the human homologue of a mouse gene involved in nurturing behavior." Genomics 71, no. 1 (January 1, 2001): 110-117.
Wylie, AA, Murphy, SK, Orton, TC, and Jirtle, RL. "Novel imprinted DLK1/GTL2 domain on human chromosome 14 contains motifs that mimic those implicated in IGF2/H19 regulation." Genome Research 10, no. 11 (November 2000): 1711-1718.