Evans, HK, Wylie, AA, Murphy, SK, and Jirtle, RL. "NNATresides in a micro-imprinted domain on human chromosome 20q11.2." AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HUMAN GENETICS 69, no. 4 (October 2001): 346-346.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Evans, HK, Wylie, AA, Murphy, SK, and Jirtle, RL. "The neuronatin gene resides in a "micro-imprinted" domain on human chromosome 20q11.2." Genomics 77, no. 1-2 (September 2001): 99-104.
Keller, MA, Murphy, SK, and Parks, GD. "RNA replication from the simian virus 5 antigenomic promoter requires three sequence-dependent elements separated by sequence-independent spacer regions." J Virol 75, no. 8 (April 2001): 3993-3998.
Murphy, SK, Wylie, AA, and Jirtle, RL. "Imprinting of PEG3, the human homologue of a mouse gene involved in nurturing behavior." Genomics 71, no. 1 (January 1, 2001): 110-117.
Wylie, AA, Murphy, SK, Orton, TC, and Jirtle, RL. "Novel imprinted DLK1/GTL2 domain on human chromosome 14 contains motifs that mimic those implicated in IGF2/H19 regulation." Genome Res 10, no. 11 (November 2000): 1711-1718.
Wylie, AA, Murphy, SK, Orton, TC, and Jirtle, RL. "Identification of a novel imprinted domain at human chromosome 14q32." AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HUMAN GENETICS 67, no. 4 (October 2000): 190-190.
Murphy, SK, Wylie, AA, and Jirtle, RL. "Imprinting of PEG3, the human homolog of a gene involved in nurturing behaviour." AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HUMAN GENETICS 67, no. 4 (October 2000): 189-189.
Murphy, SK, and Jirtle, RL. "Imprinted genes as potential genetic and epigenetic toxicologic targets." Environ Health Perspect 108 Suppl 1 (March 2000): 5-11. (Review)
Murphy, SK, and Parks, GD. "RNA replication for the paramyxovirus simian virus 5 requires an internal repeated (CGNNNN) sequence motif." J Virol 73, no. 1 (January 1999): 805-809.
Murphy, SK, Ito, Y, and Parks, GD. "A functional antigenomic promoter for the paramyxovirus simian virus 5 requires proper spacing between an essential internal segment and the 3' terminus." J Virol 72, no. 1 (January 1998): 10-19.