Felix, Janine F., Bonnie R. Joubert, Andrea A. Baccarelli, Gemma C. Sharp, Catarina Almqvist, Isabella Annesi-Maesano, Hasan Arshad, et al. “Cohort Profile: Pregnancy And Childhood Epigenetics (PACE) Consortium..” Int J Epidemiol 47, no. 1 (February 1, 2018): 22-23u. https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyx190.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Population Health Research Support IDIQ Base
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Duke KURe Program
- Follow-up and Maintenance of the Newborn Epigenetics STudy (NEST) Cohort
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Population Health Research Support - Study of Pregnancy and Neonatal Health (SPAN) Task A
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Organization and Function of Cellular Structure
- Pharmacological Sciences Training Program
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Clarifying the role of tobacco retail outlets on maternal smoking during pregnancy and child secondhand smoke exposure
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers of Progressive Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Cancer Biology Training Grant
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Schechter, Julia C., Bernard F. Fuemmeler, Cathrine Hoyo, Susan K. Murphy, Junfeng Jim Zhang, and Scott H. Kollins. “Impact of Smoking Ban on Passive Smoke Exposure in Pregnant Non-Smokers in the Southeastern United States..” Int J Environ Res Public Health 15, no. 1 (January 6, 2018). https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15010083.
Wegermann, Kara, Ricardo Henao, Anna Mae Diehl, Susan K. Murphy, Manal F. Abdelmalek, and Cynthia A. Moylan. “Branched chain amino acid transaminase 1 (BCAT1) is overexpressed and hypomethylated in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease who experience adverse clinical events: A pilot study..” Plos One 13, no. 9 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0204308.
Gonzalez-Nahm, Sarah, Michelle A. Mendez, Sara E. Benjamin-Neelon, Susan K. Murphy, Vijaya K. Hogan, Diane L. Rowley, and Cathrine Hoyo. “DNA methylation of imprinted genes at birth is associated with child weight status at birth, 1 year, and 3 years..” Clin Epigenetics 10 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13148-018-0521-0.
House, John S., Michelle Mendez, Rachel L. Maguire, Sarah Gonzalez-Nahm, Zhiqing Huang, Julie Daniels, Susan K. Murphy, Bernard F. Fuemmeler, Fred A. Wright, and Cathrine Hoyo. “Periconceptional Maternal Mediterranean Diet Is Associated With Favorable Offspring Behaviors and Altered CpG Methylation of Imprinted Genes..” Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology 6 (January 2018). https://doi.org/10.3389/fcell.2018.00107.
Kollins, Scott, Ed Levin, Tom Price, and Susan Murphy. “Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Exposure Alters Sperm Methylation Profiles: Concurrent Results From Humans and Rats.” In Neuropsychopharmacology, 42:S642–43. NATURE PUBLISHING GROUP, 2017.
Sharp, Gemma C., Lucas A. Salas, Claire Monnereau, Catherine Allard, Paul Yousefi, Todd M. Everson, Jon Bohlin, et al. “Maternal BMI at the start of pregnancy and offspring epigenome-wide DNA methylation: findings from the pregnancy and childhood epigenetics (PACE) consortium..” Hum Mol Genet 26, no. 20 (October 15, 2017): 4067–85. https://doi.org/10.1093/hmg/ddx290.
Li, Xiaoyi, Cynthia A. Moylan, Susan S. Baker, Wensheng Liu, Robert D. Baker, Susan K. Murphy, Manal F. Abdelmalek, Ruixin Zhu, Anna Mae Diehl, and Lixin Zhu. “Altered liver methylome and transcriptome provide evidence for epigenetic contribution to NAFLD pathogenesis.” In Hepatology, 66:1071A-1072A. WILEY, 2017.
Moylan, Cynthia A., Alisha M. Mavis, Mustafa R. Bashir, David Malik, Erol Bozdogan, Stephanie Buie, Cathrine Hoyo, Anna Mae Diehl, Susan K. Murphy, and Manal F. Abdelmalek. “Visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue measurements associate with increased metabolic risk for NAFLD in pre-pubertal obese children.” In Hepatology, 66:665A-665A. WILEY, 2017.