Keenan, MM, Liu, B, Tang, X, Wu, J, Cyr, D, Stevens, RD, Ilkayeva, O, Huang, Z, Tollini, LA, Murphy, SK, Lucas, J, Muoio, DM, Kim, SY, and Chi, J-T. "ACLY and ACC1 Regulate Hypoxia-Induced Apoptosis by Modulating ETV4 via α-ketoglutarate." PLoS genetics 11, no. 10 (October 9, 2015): e1005599-.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers of Progressive Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
King, KE, Darrah, TH, Money, E, Meentemeyer, R, Maguire, RL, Nye, MD, Michener, L, Murtha, AP, Jirtle, R, Murphy, SK, Mendez, MA, Robarge, W, Vengosh, A, and Hoyo, C. "Geographic clustering of elevated blood heavy metal levels in pregnant women." BMC public health 15 (October 9, 2015): 1035-.
Ding, J, Reynolds, LM, Zeller, T, Müller, C, Lohman, K, Nicklas, BJ, Kritchevsky, SB, Huang, Z, de la Fuente, A, Soranzo, N, Settlage, RE, Chuang, C-C, Howard, T, Xu, N, Goodarzi, MO, Chen, Y-DI, Rotter, JI, Siscovick, DS, Parks, JS, Murphy, S, Jacobs, DR, Post, W, Tracy, RP, Wild, PS, Blankenberg, S, Hoeschele, I, Herrington, D, McCall, CE, and Liu, Y. "Alterations of a Cellular Cholesterol Metabolism Network Are a Molecular Feature of Obesity-Related Type 2 Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease." Diabetes 64, no. 10 (October 2015): 3464-3474.
Moylan, CA, Murphy, SK, Grenier, C, Abdelmalek, MF, and Diehl, AM. "DNA Methylation Profiles of Fibrosis-Associated Gene in Blood Reflects Liver Fibrosis Severity in Human Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease." October 2015.
Murphy, SK, Erginer, E, Huang, Z, Visco, Z, and Hoyo, C. "Genotype-Epigenotype Interaction at the IGF2 DMR." Genes 6, no. 3 (August 28, 2015): 777-789.
Huang, Z, Visco, Z, Sfakianos, G, Whitaker, R, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Abstract 2236: Emergence of epigenetic regulation of tight junction genes in recurrent serous epithelial ovarian cancer." August 1, 2015.
Vidal, AC, Semenova, V, Darrah, T, Vengosh, A, Huang, Z, King, K, Nye, MD, Fry, R, Skaar, D, Maguire, R, Murtha, A, Schildkraut, J, Murphy, S, and Hoyo, C. "Maternal cadmium, iron and zinc levels, DNA methylation and birth weight." Bmc Pharmacology & Toxicology 16 (July 15, 2015): 20-null.
Taylor, MM, and Murphy, SK. "Systems Biology and the Epigenome." In Systems Biology in Toxicology and Environmental Health, 43-56. July 7, 2015.
King, K, Murphy, S, and Hoyo, C. "Epigenetic regulation of Newborns' imprinted genes related to gestational growth: patterning by parental race/ethnicity and maternal socioeconomic status." Journal of epidemiology and community health 69, no. 7 (July 2015): 639-647.
Baba, T, Kang, HS, Hosoe, Y, Kharma, B, Abiko, K, Matsumura, N, Hamanishi, J, Yamaguchi, K, Yoshioka, Y, Koshiyama, M, Mandai, M, Murphy, SK, and Konishi, I. "Menstrual cyclic change of metastin/GPR54 in endometrium." Medical Molecular Morphology 48, no. 2 (June 1, 2015): 76-84.