Moylan, CA, Murphy, SK, Grenier, C, Abdelmalek, MF, and Diehl, AM. "DNA Methylation Profiles of Fibrosis-Associated Gene in Blood Reflects Liver Fibrosis Severity in Human Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease." October 2015.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Murphy, SK, Erginer, E, Huang, Z, Visco, Z, and Hoyo, C. "Genotype-Epigenotype Interaction at the IGF2 DMR." Genes 6, no. 3 (August 28, 2015): 777-789.
Huang, Z, Visco, Z, Sfakianos, G, Whitaker, R, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Abstract 2236: Emergence of epigenetic regulation of tight junction genes in recurrent serous epithelial ovarian cancer." August 1, 2015.
Vidal, AC, Semenova, V, Darrah, T, Vengosh, A, Huang, Z, King, K, Nye, MD, Fry, R, Skaar, D, Maguire, R, Murtha, A, Schildkraut, J, Murphy, S, and Hoyo, C. "Maternal cadmium, iron and zinc levels, DNA methylation and birth weight." BMC pharmacology & toxicology 16 (July 15, 2015): 20-.
Taylor, MM, and Murphy, SK. "Systems Biology and the Epigenome." In Systems Biology in Toxicology and Environmental Health, 43-56. July 7, 2015.
King, K, Murphy, S, and Hoyo, C. "Epigenetic regulation of Newborns' imprinted genes related to gestational growth: patterning by parental race/ethnicity and maternal socioeconomic status." Journal of epidemiology and community health 69, no. 7 (July 2015): 639-647.
Baba, T, Kang, HS, Hosoe, Y, Kharma, B, Abiko, K, Matsumura, N, Hamanishi, J, Yamaguchi, K, Yoshioka, Y, Koshiyama, M, Mandai, M, Murphy, SK, and Konishi, I. "Menstrual cyclic change of metastin/GPR54 in endometrium." Medical Molecular Morphology 48, no. 2 (June 1, 2015): 76-84.
Baba, T, Kang, HS, Hosoe, Y, Kharma, B, Abiko, K, Matsumura, N, Hamanishi, J, Yamaguchi, K, Yoshioka, Y, Koshiyama, M, Mandai, M, Murphy, SK, and Konishi, I. "Menstrual cyclic change of metastin/GPR54 in endometrium." Medical molecular morphology 48, no. 2 (June 2015): 76-84.
Tang, X, Keenan, MM, Wu, J, Lin, C-A, Dubois, L, Thompson, JW, Freedland, SJ, Murphy, SK, and Chi, J-T. "Comprehensive profiling of amino acid response uncovers unique methionine-deprived response dependent on intact creatine biosynthesis." PLoS genetics 11, no. 4 (April 7, 2015): e1005158-.
Cobb, L, Whitaker, R, Hall, A, Broadwater, G, Murphy, S, Berchuck, A, and Gaillard, S. "Evaluation of ERRα expression and association with survival in advanced ovarian cancer." April 2015.