Baba, T, Kang, HS, Hosoe, Y, Kharma, B, Abiko, K, Matsumura, N, Hamanishi, J, Yamaguchi, K, Yoshioka, Y, Koshiyama, M, Mandai, M, Murphy, SK, and Konishi, I. "Menstrual cyclic change of metastin/GPR54 in endometrium." Medical molecular morphology 48, no. 2 (June 2015): 76-84.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers of Progressive Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Tang, X, Keenan, MM, Wu, J, Lin, C-A, Dubois, L, Thompson, JW, Freedland, SJ, Murphy, SK, and Chi, J-T. "Comprehensive profiling of amino acid response uncovers unique methionine-deprived response dependent on intact creatine biosynthesis." PLoS genetics 11, no. 4 (April 7, 2015): e1005158-.
Cobb, L, Whitaker, R, Hall, A, Broadwater, G, Murphy, S, Berchuck, A, and Gaillard, S. "Evaluation of ERRα expression and association with survival in advanced ovarian cancer." April 2015.
Nye, MD, Hoyo, C, and Murphy, SK. "In vitro lead exposure changes DNA methylation and expression of IGF2 and PEG1/MEST." Toxicology in Vitro : an International Journal Published in Association With Bibra 29, no. 3 (April 2015): 544-550.
Soubry, A, Murphy, SK, Wang, F, Huang, Z, Vidal, AC, Fuemmeler, BF, Kurtzberg, J, Murtha, A, Jirtle, RL, Schildkraut, JM, and Hoyo, C. "Newborns of obese parents have altered DNA methylation patterns at imprinted genes." International Journal of Obesity (2005) 39, no. 4 (April 2015): 650-657.
Mo, L, Pospichalova, V, Huang, Z, Murphy, SK, Payne, S, Wang, F, Kennedy, M, Cianciolo, GJ, Bryja, V, Pizzo, SV, and Bachelder, RE. "Ascites Increases Expression/Function of Multidrug Resistance Proteins in Ovarian Cancer Cells." PloS one 10, no. 7 (January 2015): e0131579-.
McCullough, LE, Mendez, MA, Miller, EE, Murtha, AP, Murphy, SK, and Hoyo, C. "Associations between prenatal physical activity, birth weight, and DNA methylation at genomically imprinted domains in a multiethnic newborn cohort." Epigenetics 10, no. 7 (January 2015): 597-606.
Okamoto, T, Mandai, M, Matsumura, N, Yamaguchi, K, Kondoh, H, Amano, Y, Baba, T, Hamanishi, J, Abiko, K, Kosaka, K, Murphy, SK, Mori, S, and Konishi, I. "Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1β (HNF-1β) promotes glucose uptake and glycolytic activity in ovarian clear cell carcinoma." Molecular Carcinogenesis 54, no. 1 (2015): 35-49.
Okamoto, T, Mandai, M, Matsumura, N, Yamaguchi, K, Kondoh, H, Amano, Y, Baba, T, Hamanishi, J, Abiko, K, Kosaka, K, Murphy, SK, Mori, S, and Konishi, I. "Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1β (HNF-1β) promotes glucose uptake and glycolytic activity in ovarian clear cell carcinoma." Mol Carcinog 54, no. 1 (January 2015): 35-49.
Vidal, AC, Skaar, D, Maguire, R, Dodor, S, Musselwhite, LW, Bartlett, JA, Oneko, O, Obure, J, Mlay, P, Murphy, SK, and Hoyo, C. "IL-10, IL-15, IL-17, and GMCSF levels in cervical cancer tissue of Tanzanian women infected with HPV16/18 vs. non-HPV16/18 genotypes." Infectious Agents and Cancer 10 (January 2015): 10-null.