Kharma, B, Baba, T, Matsumura, N, Kang, HS, Murakami, R, Yamaguchi, K, Hamanishi, J, Mandai, M, Murphy, SK, and Konishi, I. "Abstract LB-123: Novel function of STAT1 pathway as a modulator of tumor progression in serous papillary endometrial cancer." October 1, 2014.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Population Health Research Support IDIQ Base
- Duke KURe Program
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers of Progressive Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Yamaguchi, K, Huang, Z, Matsumura, N, Mandai, M, Okamoto, T, Baba, T, Konishi, I, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Epigenetic determinants of ovarian clear cell carcinoma biology." International Journal of Cancer 135, no. 3 (August 1, 2014): 585-597.
Yamaguchi, K, Huang, Z, Matsumura, N, Mandai, M, Okamoto, T, Baba, T, Konishi, I, Berchuck, A, and Murphy, SK. "Epigenetic determinants of ovarian clear cell carcinoma biology." Int J Cancer 135, no. 3 (August 1, 2014): 585-597.
Hoyo, C, Daltveit, AK, Iversen, E, Benjamin-Neelon, SE, Fuemmeler, B, Schildkraut, J, Murtha, AP, Overcash, F, Vidal, AC, Wang, F, Huang, Z, Kurtzberg, J, Seewaldt, V, Forman, M, Jirtle, RL, and Murphy, SK. "Erythrocyte folate concentrations, CpG methylation at genomically imprinted domains, and birth weight in a multiethnic newborn cohort." Epigenetics 9, no. 8 (August 2014): 1120-1130.
Vidal, AC, Smith, JS, Valea, F, Bentley, R, Gradison, M, Yarnall, KSH, Ford, A, Overcash, F, Grant, K, Murphy, SK, and Hoyo, C. "HPV genotypes and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in a multiethnic cohort in the southeastern USA." Cancer causes & control : CCC 25, no. 8 (August 2014): 1055-1062.
Murphy, SK. "Obesity: Paternal obesity--a risk factor for autism?." Nature Reviews. Endocrinology 10, no. 7 (July 2014): 389-390.
Smeester, L, Yosim, AE, Nye, MD, Hoyo, C, Murphy, SK, and Fry, RC. "Imprinted genes and the environment: links to the toxic metals arsenic, cadmium, lead and mercury." Genes 5, no. 2 (June 11, 2014): 477-496.
Soubry, A, Hoyo, C, Jirtle, RL, and Murphy, SK. "A paternal environmental legacy: Evidence for epigenetic inheritance through the male germ line." Bioessays 36, no. 4 (April 1, 2014): 359-371.
Soubry, A, Hoyo, C, Jirtle, RL, and Murphy, SK. "A paternal environmental legacy: evidence for epigenetic inheritance through the male germ line." Bioessays : News and Reviews in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology 36, no. 4 (April 2014): 359-371.
Vidal, AC, Henry, NM, Murphy, SK, Oneko, O, Nye, M, Bartlett, JA, Overcash, F, Huang, Z, Wang, F, Mlay, P, Obure, J, Smith, J, Vasquez, B, Swai, B, Hernandez, B, and Hoyo, C. "PEG1/MEST and IGF2 DNA methylation in CIN and in cervical cancer." Clinical and Translational Oncology 16, no. 3 (March 1, 2014): 266-272.