Soubry, A, Hoyo, C, Jirtle, RL, and Murphy, SK. "A paternal environmental legacy: evidence for epigenetic inheritance through the male germ line." BioEssays : news and reviews in molecular, cellular and developmental biology 36, no. 4 (April 2014): 359-371.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Social adversities, epigenetics, and the obesity epidemic
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Vidal, AC, Henry, NM, Murphy, SK, Oneko, O, Nye, M, Bartlett, JA, Overcash, F, Huang, Z, Wang, F, Mlay, P, Obure, J, Smith, J, Vasquez, B, Swai, B, Hernandez, B, and Hoyo, C. "PEG1/MEST and IGF2 DNA methylation in CIN and in cervical cancer." Clinical and Translational Oncology 16, no. 3 (March 1, 2014): 266-272.
Vidal, AC, Henry, NM, Murphy, SK, Oneko, O, Nye, M, Bartlett, JA, Overcash, F, Huang, Z, Wang, F, Mlay, P, Obure, J, Smith, J, Vasquez, B, Swai, B, Hernandez, B, and Hoyo, C. "PEG1/MEST and IGF2 DNA methylation in CIN and in cervical cancer." Clin Transl Oncol 16, no. 3 (March 2014): 266-272.
Secord, AA, Teoh, D, Jia, J, Nixon, AB, Grace, L, Adams, DJ, and Murphy, SK. "Dasatinib (BMS-35482) interacts synergistically with docetaxel, gemcitabine, topotecan, and doxorubicin in ovarian cancer cells with high SRC pathway activation and protein expression." Int J Gynecol Cancer 24, no. 2 (February 2014): 218-225.
Moylan, CA, Pang, H, Dellinger, A, Suzuki, A, Garrett, ME, Guy, CD, Murphy, SK, Ashley-Koch, AE, Choi, SS, Michelotti, GA, Hampton, DD, Chen, Y, Tillmann, HL, Hauser, MA, Abdelmalek, MF, and Diehl, AM. "Hepatic gene expression profiles differentiate presymptomatic patients with mild versus severe nonalcoholic fatty liver disease." Hepatology 59, no. 2 (February 2014): 471-482.
Davidson, BA, Rubatt, JM, Corcoran, DL, Teoh, DK, Bernardini, MQ, Grace, LA, Soper, WJ, Berchuck, A, Siamakpour-Reihani, S, Chen, W, Owzar, K, Murphy, SK, and Secord, AA. "Differential Angiogenic Gene Expression in TP53 Wild-Type and Mutant Ovarian Cancer Cell Lines." Frontiers in Oncology 4 (January 2014): 163-.
Yamaguchi, K, Matsumura, N, Mandai, M, Baba, T, Konishi, I, and Murphy, SK. "Epigenetic and genetic dispositions of ovarian carcinomas." Oncoscience 1, no. 9 (January 2014): 574-579.
Vidal, AC, Smith, JS, Valea, F, Bentley, R, Gradison, M, Yarnall, KSH, Ford, A, Overcash, F, Grant, K, Murphy, SK, and Hoyo, C. "HPV genotypes and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in a multiethnic cohort in the southeastern USA." Cancer Causes and Control 25, no. 8 (January 1, 2014): 1055-1062.
Cathrine Hoyo, SKM. "HPV Genotypes and Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasiain a Multiethnic Cohort in the Southeastern United States." Journal of Vaccines & Vaccination 05, no. 03 (2014).
Nye, MD, Fry, RC, Hoyo, C, and Murphy, SK. "Investigating Epigenetic Effects of Prenatal Exposure to Toxic Metals in Newborns: Challenges and Benefits." Medical epigenetics 2, no. 1 (January 2014): 53-59.