Matsumura, N, Yamanoi, K, Amano, Y, Hamanishi, J, Baba, T, Murphy, SK, and Konishi, I. "Abstract B19: Functional genomics approach links anchorage-independence with tumor dormancy in ovarian cancer." Clinical Cancer Research 19, no. 19 Supplement (October 1, 2013): B19-B19.
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Organization and Function of Cellular Structure
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Cancer Biology Training Grant
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Amano, Y, Yamaguchi, K, Mandai, M, Matsumura, N, Hamanishi, J, Baba, T, Yamanoi, K, Murphy, SK, and Konishi, I. "Abstract PR08: HNF1β confers resistance to oxidative stress of ovarian clear cell carcinoma." Clinical Cancer Research 19, no. 19 Supplement (October 1, 2013): PR08-PR08.
Vidal, AC, Murphy, SK, Murtha, AP, Schildkraut, JM, Soubry, A, Huang, Z, Neelon, SEB, Fuemmeler, B, Iversen, E, Wang, F, Kurtzberg, J, Jirtle, RL, and Hoyo, C. "Associations between antibiotic exposure during pregnancy, birth weight and aberrant methylation at imprinted genes among offspring." Int J Obes (Lond) 37, no. 7 (July 2013): 907-913.
Liu, Y, Hoyo, C, Murphy, S, Huang, Z, Overcash, F, Thompson, J, Brown, H, and Murtha, AP. "DNA methylation at imprint regulatory regions in preterm birth and infection." Am J Obstet Gynecol 208, no. 5 (May 2013): 395.e1-395.e7.
Wang, X, Pittman, GS, Su, D, Adamski, KN, Campbell, MR, Joubert, BR, Huang, ZY, Hoyo, C, Murphy, SK, London, SA, and Bell, DA. "Abstract 3647: Dose-dependent alteration of CpG methylation in AHRR and GFI1 in mononuclear cell DNA of smokers." April 15, 2013.
Sfakianos, GP, Iversen, ES, Whitaker, R, Akushevich, L, Schildkraut, JM, Murphy, SK, Marks, JR, and Berchuck, A. "Validation of ovarian cancer gene expression signatures for survival and subtype in formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissues." Gynecol Oncol 129, no. 1 (April 2013): 159-164.
Murphy, SK, and Hollingsworth, JW. "Stress: A Possible Link between Genetics, Epigenetics, and Childhood Asthma." AMERICAN JOURNAL OF RESPIRATORY AND CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE 187, no. 6 (March 15, 2013): 563-564.
Murphy, SK, Nye, MD, and Hoyo, C. "Methylation at Imprinted Insulin-Like Growth Factor-2 (IGF2) Is Vulnerable to Lead Exposure in Human Embryonic Kidney Cells." March 2013.
Soubry, A, Schildkraut, JM, Murtha, A, Wang, F, Huang, Z, Bernal, A, Kurtzberg, J, Jirtle, RL, Murphy, SK, and Hoyo, C. "Paternal obesity is associated with IGF2 hypomethylation in newborns: results from a Newborn Epigenetics Study (NEST) cohort. (Published online)" BMC Med 11 (February 6, 2013): 29-.
Vidal, AC, Murphy, SK, Murtha, AP, Schildkraut, JM, Soubry, A, Huang, Z, Neelon, SEB, Fuemmeler, B, Iversen, E, Wang, F, Kurtzberg, J, Jirtle, RL, and Hoyo, C. "Associations between antibiotic exposure during pregnancy, birth weight and aberrant methylation at imprinted genes among offspring." International Journal of Obesity 37, no. 7 (2013): 907-913.