Chelsea Clinton, MD
I chose Duke because of the breadth of clinical experience and exposure to pathology as well as the strength of and support for both clinical and basic science research. Finally, the collegial atmosphere and cooperation between providers was very appealing to me.
Education & Training
- Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, MD 2012
- New York Presbyterian Weill-Cornell, Residency, 2016
My research interests in fellowship include exploring the association between urinary metabolomic profiles and fetal growth restriction, as well as penicillin allergy testing in pregnancy, and its impact on appropriate antibiotic administration and neonatal outcomes.
- Klemens CM, Berman DR, Mozurkewich EL. The effect of perinatal omega-3 fatty acid supplementation on inflammatory markers and allergic diseases: a systematic review. BJOG. 2011;118(8):916-25. PMID 21658192
- Mozurkewich E, Chilimigras J, Klemens C, et al. The mothers, Omega-3 and mental health study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2011;11:46. PMID 21696635
- Mozurkewich EL, Klemens C. Omega-3 fatty acids and pregnancy: current implications for practice. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2012;24(2):72-7. PMID 22327736
- Klemens CM, Salari K, Mozurkewich EL. Assessing omega-3 fatty acid supplementation during pregnancy and lactation to optimize maternal mental health and childhood cognitive development. Clinical Lipidology. 2012;7(1):93-109.
- Romero VC, Somers EC, Stolberg V, et al. Developmental programming for allergy: a secondary analysis of the Mothers, Omega-3, and Mental Health Study. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013;208(4):316.e1-6. PMID 23531329
- Mozurkewich EL, Clinton CM, Chilimigras JL, et al. The Mothers, Omega-3, and Mental Health Study: a double-blind, randomized controlled trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013;208(4):313.e1-9. PMID 23531328
- Clinton CM, O'Brien S, Law J, Renier CM, Wendt MR. Whole-foods, plant-based diet alleviates the symptoms of osteoarthritis. Arthritis. 2015;2015:708152. PMID 25815212
- Williams JA, Romero VC, Clinton CM, et al. Vitamin D levels and perinatal depressive symptoms in women at risk: a secondary analysis of the mothers, omega-3, and mental health study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2016;16(1):203. PMID 27485050
- Mozurkewich EL, Greenwood M, Clinton C, et al. Pathway Markers for Pro-resolving Lipid Mediators in Maternal and Umbilical Cord Blood: A Secondary Analysis of the Mothers, Omega-3, and Mental Health Study. Front Pharmacol. 2016;7:274. PMID 27656142
- Clinton CM, Chasen ST. Unilateral Fetal Renal Abnormalities: Are They Really Isolated? J Ultrasound Med. 2016;35(3):561-4. PMID 26892819
- Hancock KL, Clinton CM, Dinkelspiel HE, Saab J, Schneider B, Caputo TA. A case of mesothelioma masquerading pre-operatively as ovarian cancer and brief review of the literature. Gynecol Oncol Rep. 2016;17:26-8. PMID: 27354997
- Berman D, Clinton C, Limb R. Prenatal Omega-3 Supplementation and Eczema Risk Among Offspring at Age 36 Months. Insights in Allergy, Asthma & Bronchitis. 2016;2(1).