Emily Reiff, MD
Education & Training
- Boston University School of Medicine, MD, 2012
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital / Massachusetts General Hospital, OBGYN Residency, 2016
My thesis project is focused on improving optimal administration of betamethasone for fetal lung maturity in women at risk of preterm delivery by developing a decision tool based on modeling. My other interests include quality improvement and safety initiatives on the labor floor.
- Lassey SC, Reiff ES, Dobson L, Bromely B, Wilkins-Haug L, Bartz D, Little SE. The influence of noninvasive prenatal testing on gestational age at time of abortion for aneuploidy. Prenat Diagn. 2017 Jul;37(7):635-639.
- Dobson L, Reiff ES, Little S, Wilkins-Haug L, Bromley B. Patient Choice and Clinical Outcomes Following Positive Noninvasive Prenatal Screening for Aneuploidy with Cell-free DNA (cfDNA). Prenat Diagn. 2016 May;36(5):456-62.
- Reiff ES, Little SE, Dobson L, Wilkins-Haug L, Bromley B. What is the role of the 11- to 14-week ultrasound in women with negative cell-free DNA screening for aneuploidy? Prenat Diagn. 2016 Mar;36(3):260-5.
- Dietz JF, Bae DS, Reiff E, Zurakowski D, Waters PM. Single bone intramedullary fixation of the ulna in pediatric both bone forearm fractures: analysis of short-term clinical and radiographic results. J Pediatr Orthop. 2010 Jul-Aug;30(5):420-4.
- Colaco SM, Si M, Reiff E, Clark OH. Hyperparathyroidism after radioactive iodine therapy. Am J Surg. 2007 Sep;194(3):323-7. Review.
- Tan YY, Kebebew E, Reiff E, Caron NR, Ogilvie JB, Duh QY, Clark OH, Ljung BM, Miller T. Does routine consultation of thyroid fine-needle aspiration cytology change surgical management? J Am Coll Surg. 2007;205(1):8-12.
- Kebebew E, Reiff E. Patients with differentiated thyroid cancer have a venous gradient in thyroglobulin levels. Cancer. 2007 Mar 15; 109(6):1078-81.
- Kebebew E, Peng M, Reiff E, Tressler P, Woeber KA, Clark OH, Greenspan FS, Lindsay S, Duh QY, Morita E. A phase II trial of rosiglitazone in patients with thyroglobulin-positive and radioiodine-negative differentiated thyroid cancer. Surgery. 2006 Dec;140(6):960-6.
- Kebebew E, Hwang J, Reiff E, Duh QY, Clark OH. Predictors of single-gland vs. multigland parathyroid disease in primary hyperparathyroidism: a simple and accurate scoring model. Arch Surg. 2006 Aug;141(8):777-82.
- Kebebew E, Peng M, Reiff E, McMillian A. Diagnostic and extent of disease multigene assay for malignant thyroid neoplasms. Cancer. 2006 Jun 15;106(12):2592-7.
- Kebebew E, Reiff E, Duh QY, Clark OH, McMillian A. Extent of disease at presentation and outcome for adrenocortical carcinoma: have we made progress? World J Surg. 2006 May;30(5):872-8.
- Caron NR, Tan YY, Ogilvie JB, Reiff ES, Kebebew E, Duh QY, Clark OH. Selective Modified Radical Neck Dissection for Papillary Thyroid Cancer – Is Level II and V Dissection Always Necessary? World J Surg 2006 May;30(5):833-40.
- Kebebew E, Peng M, Reiff E, Duh QY, Clark OH, McMillan A. Diagnostic and prognostic value of cell-cycle regulatory genes in malignant thyroid neoplasms. World J Surg. 2006 May;30(5):767-74.
- Kebebew E, Peng M, Reiff E, Duh QY, Clark OH, McMillan A. Diagnostic and prognostic value of angiogenesis modulating genes in malignant thyroid neoplasms. Surgery. 2005 Dec;138(6):1102-9.
- Kebebew E, Peng M, Reiff E, Duh QY, Clark OH, McMillan A. ECM1 and TMPRSS4 are diagnostic markers of malignant thyroid neoplasms and improve the accuracy of fine needle aspiration biopsy. Ann Surg.2005 Sep;242(3):353-61
Achievements and Awards
- 2017 Fellow Resident Teaching Award, Duke University
- 2017 Fellow Student Teaching Award, Duke University
- 2012 David Rothbaum M.D. Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology