Amanda Schwartz, MD
Why did you choose Duke for your residency training?
To me Duke embodies the balance of academic distinction with the spirit of collegiality. Striving to teach in an environment that promotes individuality within a teamwork framework is its trademark. Its reputation guarantees both a great clinical experience and boundless opportunities for fellowship training. Yet, not surprisingly, its people reflect its personality in their openness and willingness to accept all those who similarly strive for excellence in education and character.
What are your career interests?
Considering a fellowship, presently undecided
What are your hobbies?
tennis, hiking, traveling, Chicago Cubs
Education & Training
Rush Medical College
Awards & Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society
- American Medical Women’s Association Glasgow-Rubin Citation for Academic Achievement
- Rush University Dean’s Scholarship Research Award
Publications & Presentations
- Bahnson ES, Vavra AK, Flynn ME, Vercammen JM, Schwartz AR, Kibbe MR. “Long-term effect of PROLI/NO on cellular proliferation and phenotype after arterial injury”. Free Radic Biol Med 2016 Jan;90:272-86.
- Tsihlis ND, Rodriguez MP, Jiang Q, Schwartz AR, Flynn ME, Vercammen JM, Kibbe MR. “Nitric oxide differentially affects proteasome activator 28 after arterial injury in type 1 and type 2 diabetic rats” J Surg Res. 2016 May 15;202(2):413-21.
- Ehrman R, Schwartz A, Russell F, Ansari A, Keller J, Zhu D, Christian E, Cosby K, Bailitz J. Can emergency physicians accurately diagnose and correctly classify diastolic dysfunction using bedside echocardiography? Presented at Illinois College of Emergency Physicians Spring Symposium. April 2014. Chicago, IL.
- Hause D, Sutaria S, Schwartz A, Walsh M, Chao P, Iwanicki M, Christian E, Bailitz J. Emergency department utilization and primary care access after implementation of a primary medical home. Presented at Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Meeting. June 2015. San Diego, CA.