Lauren Potts, MD
Why did you chose Duke for residency training?
To learn from accomplished leaders in obstetrics and gynecology and work among a vibrant cohort of trainees.
What are your career interests?
To care for women throughout their pregnancies.
What are your hobbies?
Gardening, yoga, rock climbing
Education & Training
Awards and Honors
- Young Investigator Award, Infectious Diseases Society for Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Membership, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Research Fellowship, National Human Genome Research Institute
Publications and Presentations
- LC Potts, L Feng, PC Seed, FL Jayes, M Kuchibhatla, B Antczak, MK Nazzal, AP Murtha. "Inflammatory response of human gestational membranes to Ureaplasma parvum using a novel dual-chamber tissue explant system." Biology of Reproduction 94(5), 119, 2016.
- LC Sayres, M Allyse, TA Goodspeed, MK Cho. “Demographic and experiential correlates of public attitudes towards cell-free fetal DNA screening.” Journal of Genetic Counseling 23(6), 957-967, 2014.
- LC Sayres, M Allyse, TA Goodspeed, MK Cho. “In the public interest?” Science Translational Medicine 4(144), FS23, 2012.
- LC Sayres, M Allyse, MK Cho. “Integrating stakeholder perspectives into the translation of cell-free fetal DNA testing for aneuploidy.” Genome Medicine 4(6), 49, 2012.
- LC Sayres, D Magnus. “The non-obligatory nature of preimplantation genetic diagnosis.” American Journal of Bioethics 12(4), 1-2, 2012.
- LC Sayres, M Allyse, ME Norton, MK Cho. “Cell-free fetal DNA testing: A pilot study of obstetric healthcare provider attitudes towards clinical implementation.” Prenatal Diagnosis 31(11), 1070-1076, 2011.
- LC Sayres, MK Cho. “Cell-free fetal nucleic acid testing: A review of the technology and its applications.” Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 66(7), 431-442, 2011.