Jenna Schreier Hynes, MD
Why did you choose Duke for your residency training?
Training at Duke gives residents the skills and opportunities to pursue any career after residency. I don’t know what kind of Ob/Gyn I want to be just yet, so I was looking for a program that will support my career as it develops, be that as a generalist or pursuing any fellowship. I also appreciate that Duke is a strong academic program with friendly, welcoming, and collaborative residents and faculty.
What are your career goals?
At this point – the very beginning! – I am considering fellowship in REI, Gyn Onc, and MFM. Or I might become an academic generalist. So really, I have no idea yet!
What are your hobbies?
Running, hiking, cooking, traveling, reading, cuddling with my puppy
Education & Training
Boston College, BA in Psychology, 2011
Emory University School of Medicine, 2017
Awards & Honors
- ACTSI Medical Student Discovery Phase Mini-Grant, 2016-2017
- Marianne Ruby, MD Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2016-2017
- Finisher, Boston Marathon, 2011
- Finisher, Marine Corps Marathon in Washington D.C., 2013
Publications & Presentations
- Slesnick TC, Schreier J, Soriano BD, Kutty S, Nutting AC, Kim DW, Powell AJ, Valente AM. Safety of Magnetic Resonance Imaging After Implantation of Stainless Steel Embolization Coils. Pediatr. Cardiol. 2016;37(1):62-67.
- Wald RM, Valente AM, Gauvreau K, Babu-Narayan SV, Assenza GE, Schreier J, Gatzoulis MA, Kilner PJ, Koyak Z, Mulder B, Powell AJ, Geva T. Cardiac magnetic resonance markers of progressive RV dilation and dysfunction after tetralogy of Fallot repair. Heart. 2015;101(21):1724-1730.
- Tamir M, Bigman YE, Rhodes E, Salerno J, Schreier J. An expectancy-value model of emotion regulation: implications for motivation, emotional experience, and decision making. Emotion. 2015;15(1):90-103.
- Valente AM, Gauvreau K, Assenza GE, Babu-Narayan SV, Schreier J, Gatzoulis MA, Groenink M, Inuzuka R, Kilner PJ, Koyak Z, Landzberg MJ, Mulder B, Powell AJ, Wald R, Geva T. Contemporary predictors of death and sustained ventricular tachycardia in patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot enrolled in the INDICATOR cohort. Heart. 2014;100(3):247-253.
- Egidy Assenza G, Cassater D, Landzberg M, Geva T, Schreier J, Graham D, Volpe M, Barker N, Economy K, Valente AM. The effects of pregnancy on right ventricular remodeling in women with repaired tetralogy of Fallot. Int. J. Cardiol. 2013;168(3):1847-1852.
My medical school research focused on Family Planning, and I hope to finish publishing that data in the next few months. While at Duke, I plan to explore research opportunities within a variety of sub-specialties, ultimately presenting at conferences and publishing within my chosen field.