Amber Wood, MD
Why did you choose Duke?
I choose Duke because of the excellent clinical training, support for research, and amazing faculty.
What are your career goals?
I hope to provide the full scope of MFM care for women, including prenatal care, consultation, ultrasound, and inpatient L&D management.
What are your hobbies?
In my spare time I enjoy running, traveling, relaxing at the beach, spending time with my husband and our pets, and reading.
Education & Training
Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, CO 2007
Creighton School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 2011
Publications & Presentations
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Wood AM, Frey HA, Tuuli MG, Caughey AB, Odibo AO, Macones GA, Cahill AG. Optimal admission cervical dilation in spontaneously laboring women. Am J Perinatol 2016; 33:188-94.
Other Non-Peer Reviewed Publications
- Stout MJ, Epplin K, Wood A, Trudell A. Discussion: ‘Sleep-disordered breathing and adverse pregnancy outcomes’ by Pamidi et al. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014; 210:52e10-12.
- Wood AM, Carbone JF, Cahill AG, Odibo AO, Macones GA, Tuuli MG. Impact of parity on efficiency of the Foley bulb plus vaginal misoprostol for cervical ripening. Presented at: Rothman Resident Research Day, St. Louis, MO, May 2014.
- Wood AM, Post AL, Murtha AP, Swamy GK, Heine RP, Grotegut CA. Obstetric complications associated with sepsis. Presented at: Infectious Diseases Society for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Annapolis, MD, August 11-13, 2016.
- Wood AM, Frey H, Tuuli MG, Stout MJ, Cahill AG. Contraction coupling: Does it increase the risk of cesarean delivery? Presented at: Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine, San Diego, CA, February 2-7, 2015.
- Wood AM, Post AL, Murtha AP, Swamy GK, Heine RP, Grotegut CA. Medical complications associated with sepsis in obstetric patients. Presented at: Infectious Diseases Society for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Annapolis, MD, August 11-13, 2016.
- Wood AM, Post AL, Swamy GK, Grotegut CA. Implications of noncephalic presentation in preterm delivery. Presented at: Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine, Las Vegas, NV, January 23-28, 2017.