Schechter, JC, Fuemmeler, BF, Hoyo, C, Murphy, SK, Zhang, JJ, and Kollins, SH. "Impact of Smoking Ban on Passive Smoke Exposure in Pregnant Non-Smokers in the Southeastern United States." International journal of environmental research and public health 15, no. 1 (January 6, 2018).
Susan Kay Murphy, PhD
Ovarian and cervical cancer epigenetics, imprinted genes in ovarian and cervical cancers, identification of methylation biomarkers of disease, ovarian cancer stem cells, chemotherapeutic response in ovarian cancer, tumor dormancy, the influence of the in utero environment on DNA methylation and risk of disease.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Wake Forest University, 1998
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1992
Selected Grants and Awards
- Does exposure to mitochondrial toxicants during germ cell development result in lifelong alterations in mitochondrial function mediated by epigenetic changes?
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Paternal Transgenerational Epigenetic Legacy from Use of Cannabis
- Organization and Function of Cellular Structure
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Children Exposure to SVOC Mixtures Indoors and Associations with Obesity
- Triggering human anti-tumor stringent response to target recurrent ovarian cancer
- Validation and interrogation of differentially expressed and alternatively spliced genes in African American prostate ca
- Immune regulated amino acid pathways in Alzheimer's Disease
- Duke KURe Program
- Potential pathophysiologic mechanisms linking air pollution exposure in pregnant women to reduced birth weight
- Epigenetics and the Development of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Duke University Program in Environmental Health
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health Following EtS Exposure (NICHES)
- Neurodevelopment and Improving Children's Health following EtS exposure (NICHES)
- Pilot Project: Effects of Cannabis on the Epigenome of Humans and Rats
- Joint Environmental, Genetic and Epigenetic Regulation of Tyrosine Receptor Kinases and Childhood Respiratory Disease
- Functional Genomic Screens of Tumor Recurrence in Ovarian Cancer
- Cancer Biology Training Grant
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early life
- Epigenetic influence on early childhood self-regulation capacities and obesity
- Ovarian Cancer Initiating Cells: Metabolic Characterization
- Gene Regulation in Recurrent Ovarian Cancers
- Disparities in cervical cancer precursors and deregulation of imprinted genes
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted Genes
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver Injury
- Identification and Characterization of Epigenetically Labile Genes
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 Imprinting
- Imprinted PEG3 Domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesis
Chawla, D, Fuemmeler, B, Benjamin-Neelon, SE, Hoyo, C, Murphy, S, and Daniels, JL. "Early prenatal vitamin D concentrations and social-emotional development in infants." The journal of maternal-fetal & neonatal medicine : the official journal of the European Association of Perinatal Medicine, the Federation of Asia and Oceania Perinatal Societies, the International Society of Perinatal Obstetricians (December 2017): 1-8.
Li, X, Moylan, CA, Baker, SS, Liu, W, Baker, RD, Murphy, SK, Abdelmalek, MF, Zhu, R, Diehl, AM, and Zhu, L. "Altered liver methylome and transcriptome provide evidence for epigenetic contribution to NAFLD pathogenesis." October 2017.
Sharp, GC, Salas, LA, Monnereau, C, Allard, C, Yousefi, P, Everson, TM, Bohlin, J, Xu, Z, Huang, R-C, Reese, SE, Xu, C-J, Baïz, N, Hoyo, C, Agha, G, Roy, R, Holloway, JW, Ghantous, A, Merid, SK, Bakulski, KM, Küpers, LK, Zhang, H, Richmond, RC, Page, CM, Duijts, L, Lie, RT, Melton, PE, Vonk, JM, Nohr, EA, Williams-DeVane, C, Huen, K, Rifas-Shiman, SL, Ruiz-Arenas, C, Gonseth, S, Rezwan, FI, Herceg, Z, Ekström, S, Croen, L, Falahi, F, Perron, P, Karagas, MR, Quraishi, BM, Suderman, M, and Magnus, MC et al. "Maternal BMI at the start of pregnancy and offspring epigenome-wide DNA methylation: findings from the pregnancy and childhood epigenetics (PACE) consortium." Human molecular genetics 26, no. 20 (October 2017): 4067-4085.
Moylan, CA, Mavis, AM, Bashir, MR, Malik, D, Bozdogan, E, Buie, S, Hoyo, C, Diehl, AM, Murphy, SK, and Abdelmalek, MF. "Visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue measurements associate with increased metabolic risk for NAFLD in pre-pubertal obese children." October 2017.
Felix, JF, Joubert, BR, Baccarelli, AA, Sharp, GC, Almqvist, C, Annesi-Maesano, I, Arshad, H, Baïz, N, Bakermans-Kranenburg, MJ, Bakulski, KM, Binder, EB, Bouchard, L, Breton, CV, Brunekreef, B, Brunst, KJ, Burchard, EG, Bustamante, M, Chatzi, L, Cheng Munthe-Kaas, M, Corpeleijn, E, Czamara, D, Dabelea, D, Davey Smith, G, De Boever, P, Duijts, L, Dwyer, T, Eng, C, Eskenazi, B, Everson, TM, Falahi, F, Fallin, MD, Farchi, S, Fernandez, MF, Gao, L, Gaunt, TR, Ghantous, A, Gillman, MW, and Gonseth, S et al. "Cohort Profile: Pregnancy And Childhood Epigenetics (PACE) Consortium." International journal of epidemiology (September 13, 2017).
Murphy, SK, Schrott, R, Visco, Z, Huang, Z, Grenier, C, Mitchell, J, Schechter, J, Lucas, J, Levin, ED, Price, T, and Kollins, SH. "Environment and Gametic Epigenetic Reprogramming." September 2017.
Cordero, FJ, Huang, Z, Grenier, C, He, X, Hu, G, McLendon, RE, Murphy, SK, Hashizume, R, and Becher, OJ. "Histone H3.3K27M Represses p16 to Accelerate Gliomagenesis in a Murine Model of DIPG." Molecular cancer research : MCR 15, no. 9 (September 2017): 1243-1254.
Liu, Y, Reynolds, LM, Ding, J, Hou, L, Lohman, K, Young, T, Cui, W, Huang, Z, Grenier, C, Wan, M, Stunnenberg, HG, Siscovick, D, Hou, L, Psaty, BM, Rich, SS, Rotter, JI, Kaufman, JD, Burke, GL, Murphy, S, Jacobs, DR, Post, W, Hoeschele, I, Bell, DA, Herrington, D, Parks, JS, Tracy, RP, McCall, CE, and Stein, JH. "Blood monocyte transcriptome and epigenome analyses reveal loci associated with human atherosclerosis." Nature communications 8, no. 1 (August 30, 2017): 393-.
McCullough, LE, Miller, EE, Calderwood, LE, Shivappa, N, Steck, SE, Forman, MR, A Mendez, M, Maguire, R, Fuemmeler, BF, Kollins, SH, D Bilbo, S, Huang, Z, Murtha, AP, Murphy, SK, Hébert, JR, and Hoyo, C. "Maternal inflammatory diet and adverse pregnancy outcomes: Circulating cytokines and genomic imprinting as potential regulators?." Epigenetics 12, no. 8 (August 2017): 688-697.