Katrina Howard Avery, MD
Dr. Avery joined Harris and Smith Ob/Gyn in August of 1996. She is the current division chief of Harris and Smith and previously held the position of Director of Ultrasound.
Dr. Avery serves on the Duke Regional Board of Trustees and is the former Department Chair at Duke Regional from 2012-2014.
She and her husband, Elbert, have a son, Jonathan.
Dr. Avery is a member of the following medical societies:
• Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• American Medical Association
• North Carolina OB-GYN Society
• Carter Society
• American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine (AIUM)
Education and Training
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine, 1992 - 1996
- M.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1991
- M.S., North Carolina Central University, 1988
- B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1982