Annalisa Post, MD
I chose Duke for my Maternal Fetal Medicine fellowship because of the amazing mentors and faculty; the wide array of research opportunities; and the busy, exciting clinical environment.
Education & Training
- University of Rochester School Of Medicine, MD, 2011
- University of Colorado, Residency, 2015
Awards & Honors
- David Guzick Merit Scholarship in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2011
- Women in Medicine Academic Achievement Award, 2011
- SMFM Resident Award for Excellence in Obstetrics, 2014
- Resident teaching award, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
My research focuses in fellowship include assessing the placental passage of protective antibodies from mother to fetus following vaccination; blood sugar control during labor in diabetic mothers; and neonatal outcomes in pregnancies exposed to biologic medications for control of maternal chronic medical conditions.
- Thornburg LL, Mulconry M, Post A, Carpenter A, Grace D and Pressman E. Fetal nuchal translucency evaluation in the overweight and obese gravida. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2009; 33:665-669
- Moore GS, Post AL, West NA, Hart JE, and Lynch AM. Fetal weight estimation in diabetic pregnancies using the gestation adjusted projection method: comparison of two timing strategies for third trimester sonography. J Ultrasound Med 2015; 34 (6): 971-5
- Moore GS, Allshouse AA, Post AL, Galan HL, and Heyborne KD. Early initiation of low-dose aspirin for reduction in preeclampsia risk in high-risk women: a secondary analysis of the MFMU High-Risk Aspirin Study. J Perinatol 2015 35(5): 328-31
- Baumgartner HK, Trinder KM, Galimanis CE, Post A, Phang T, Ross RG, Winn VD. Characterization of choline transports in the human placenta over gestation. Placenta 2015 36(12) 1362-9
- Thornburg LL, Mulconry M, Carpenter A, Post A and Grace D. Fetal Nuchal Translucency Measurements in the Overweight and Obese Gravida. Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine 29th Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, January 2009. Poster presentation.
- Moore G, Allshouse A, Post A, Galan H, and Heyborne K. Aspirin decreases late-onset preeclampsia (â‰¥34wks), particularly in women with chronic hypertension. Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine 34th Annual Meeting, 2014. Poster presentation.
- Post A, Moore G, West N, Hart J, and Lynch A. Timing of 3rd trimester ultrasound for birth weight prediction in diabetic pregnancies. Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine 34th Annual Meeting, 2014. Poster presentation.
- Post A, and Goetzl L. Obstetric Anesthesia. Chapter from: Hurt KJ. Pocket Obstetrics and Gynecology. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
- Post A, Heyborne K. Managing Monoamniotic Twin Pregnancies. Clin Obste Gynecol 2015 58(3): 643-53.