Haley Moss, MD, MBA
I chose Duke because I wanted to be at a fellowship program where I would learn from world-renowned leaders focused on all aspects of what is important in the field of gynecologic oncology in the 21st century: evidence-based treatment for gynecologic malignancies, advanced surgical techniques and new chemotherapeutic agents, high-impact health-services research, exposure to clinical trials and the fundamentals of cancer biology. The diversity of interests within the department allows fellows to explore his or her personal clinical and academic interests.
I plan to pursue a career in academic medicine. My research goals are to explore issues to improve the quality of care for oncology patients and help the subspecialty navigate the complexities of payment reform to make for a more equitable and efficient health care system.
Education & Training
- The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, MD
- NYU School of Medicine, Residency, 2016
Awards & Achievements
- CREOG Excellence Award 2016
- Residency Education Chief (Obstetrics and Gynecology, NYU School of Medicine)
- William L Kissick Alumni Award Philadelphia, PA Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
- The Association of University Program in Health Administration Foster G. McCaw Scholarship Philadelphia, PA Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
My research interests include alternative payment models for cancer care, shared decision making and clinical outcome measures.
- Frey MK, Moss H, Musa F, Rolnitzky L, David-West G, Chern JY, Boyd LR, Curtin JP. Preopartive experience for public hospital patients with gynecologic cancer: do structural barriers widen the gap? Cancer. 2016 Mar 15;122(6)859-67.
- Frey, MK, Pauk S, Caputo TA, Moss H, Sapra KJ, Gerber D, Stewart JD. Availability and scope of integrated screening for patients with Lynch syndrome. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 2015 Nov;131(2):142-6.
- Moss H, Frey MK, Blank SV. Breast cancer in the setting of fertility-sparing treatment for endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol Case Rep. 2014; 10:30-31.
- Gopolan A, Tahivovic E, Moss H, Troxel AB, Zhu J, Loewenstein G, Volpp KG. Translating the hemoglobin A1C with more easily understood feedback: a randomized control trial. J Gen Intern Med. 20(7), July 2014.
- Clement C, Derman P, Moss H. Understanding and Designing the Job of the Medical Student. Academic Medicine. 87(1):1, January 2012.
- Moss H, Derman P, Clement C. Medical Student Perspective: Working Toward Specific, Objective and Actionable Clinical Clerkship Feedback. Medical Teach. 34(8): 2012