Cassandra Kisby, MD
Why did you chose Duke for residency training?
I chose Duke for residency because of the amazing faculty and fellow residents, as well as the availability of a wide variety of clinical experiences and research opportunities.
What are your career interests?
After residency, I hope to pursue fellowship in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. I have a particular interest in medical and surgical management of urinary incontinence. In terms of research, I am drawn toward translational research and hope to continue to make this a part of my practice after fellowship.
What are your hobbies?
Outside of medicine, I enjoy gardening, yoga, running, being outdoors, and spending time with my toddler, husband, and dog.
Education & Training
Duke University School of Medicine
Awards & Honors
- Charles Hammond Fund Grant recipient
- Golden Apple Teaching Award Nominee
Publications & Presentations
- Snyder, SM. Kisby, CK. Flint, EP. Effect of Virtual Reality on Time Perception in Patients Receiving Chemotherapy. Support Care Cancer, 2010.
- De La Cruz JF, Kisby CK, Wu JM, Geller EJ. The Impact of Anticholinergic Load on Bladder Function. International Urogynecology Journal, 2014.
- Nieto ML, Kisby CK, Matthews CA, Wu JM. The Evaluation of Baseline Physical Function and Cognition in Women Undergoing Pelvic Floor Surgery. Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, 2015.
- Kisby CK, Bean SM, Kuller JA, Rhee E. Placental Mesenchymal Dysplasia: Differentiation from Molar Pregnancy. In Submission.
- Polin MR, Kisby CK, Visco AG, Siddiqui NY. Same-Day Discharge after Robotic-Assisted Sacrocolpoxy. In Submission.
Peer-Reviewed Poster Presentations
- Kisby CK, Sheline B, MacDonald A, Livingston E. Use of a Centering Approach to Teach Obstetric Care in a Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship. CREOG/APGO 2012 Annual Clinical Meeting. Orlando, FL.
- Edenfield AL, Levin, PJ, Dieter, AA, Kisby CK, Amundsen CL, Siddiqui, NY. Sexual Activity and Effects of Vaginal Topography on Sexual Function in Women Planning Surgery for Pelvic Floor Disorders. American Urogynecologic Society Annual Meeting 2012. Chicago, IL.
- Kisby CK, Livingston E. Participation in OB/GYN Skills Fair and Clinical Year Skills Readiness. CREOG/APGO 2013 Annual Clinical Meeting. Phoenix, AZ.
- Edenfield AL, Levin PJ, Dieter AA, Kisby CK, Wu JM, Siddiqui NY. Is postoperative bowel function related to surgery in the posterior compartment? American Urogynecologic Society Annual Meeting 2012. Chicago, IL.
- Nieto MD, Kisby CK, Matthews C, Wu JM. Evaluation of baseline physical and cognitive function in women undergoing pelvic floor surgery. SUFU 2014. Miami, FL.
- Nieto MD, Kisby CK, Wu JM. Physical Function and Perioperative Morbidity in Women who Underwent Pelvic Floor Reconstructive Surgery. Pelvic Floor Disorders/AUGS Annual Scientific Meeting 2015. Seattle, Washington.
Non-Peer-Reviewed Poster Presentations
- Kisby CK, Wu J. The Ice Water Test in Modern Urodynamic Testing: feasibility and patient tolerance. Duke Medicine AOA Day 2012. Durham, NC.
- De La Cruz JF, Kisby CK, Wu JM, Geller EJ. The Impact of Anticholinergic Load on Bladder Function. American Urogynecologic Society Annual Meeting 2014. Washington, DC.
- Kisby CK, Peyser B. Catching Babies in a Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship: New Methods to Help Address Traditional Challenges. Consortium for Longitudinal Integrated Clerkships 2015. Durham, NC.
- Kisby CK, Lambert T, Newcomb L, Chen K. Barriers to Breastfeeding. Peer-to-Peer Mentorship Conference (An interdepartmental and interdisciplinary collaborative project), 2015.
- Polin MR, Kisby CK, Visco AG, Siddiqui NY. Same-Day Discharge after Robotic-Assisted Sacrocolpoxy. AUGS 2016. Denver, Colorado.
- Kisby CK, Bean SM, Kuller JA, Rhee E. Placental Mesenchymal Dysplasia: Diagnosis and Management. SAAOG 2017 [accepted]. Hot Springs, Virginia.